Everyone wants to know how to save more money on their car insurance, and we’re here to give you the tips to do so!
- Combine insurance policies with one carrier- Many insurance companies offer multi-policy discounts. You also may be able to save more if you insure all of the vehicles in your household on one policy.
- Compare carriers- Rates vary widely so it helps to shop around when selecting an insurer. It’s a good idea to get auto quotes from at least three separate companies.
- Drive less, save more- The more you drive, the more likely it is that you will get into an accident. This is why some insurance companies offer low mileage discounts for people who drive less than the average number of miles per year. Carpooling when possible is a great idea.
- Drive safer, save more- The better and more safe you are, the more money you can safe in coverage costs. Also, drivers with no accident or moving violations for a certain number of years can qualify for safe driver discounts.
- Increase your deductible- If you increase your deductible by just several hundred dollars, you could save anywhere from 15 to 40 percent or more in collision and comprehensive costs.
- Reduce insurance coverage on older cars- If you own an older vehicle, check its Kelley Blue Book value. If your annual comprehensive/collision premiums are more than 10 percent of the current value of your car, highly consider dropping the coverage.
- Maintain good credit- If you have a good credit report, it’s worth checking with your agent to see about a discount and save money.
- Don’t carry excess coverage- If you want more than just liability insurance, expect to pay more for each additional coverage you select. Only carry coverages that you need.
- Avoid duplicating medical coverage- If you already have good health, life or disability insurance, only buy the minimum personal injury protection required by the state where you live.
- Purchase a low-profile car- It’s more expensive to insure a vehicle that’s expensive to repair or popular with thieves. Do your research before purchasing a new or used vehicle.
For more information on this topic or to discuss your insurance needs, please contact us at 888.304.6678 or visit our virtual insurance office.