The sneezing, the wheezing, the blowing, the itchy eyes are usually all related to ALLERGIES. This year in the Northeast we are going to be feeling crazier as the pollen counts are going to be exploding in the next couple weeks, because we had a colder winter that lasted longer.
Here are some great tips that can help you to better cope with your spring allergies:
1. Monitor the pollen counts in your area. The American Academy of Allergy Asthma and Immunology (A.A.A.A.I.) maintains an online allergy bureau where you can check on the pollen activity in your region.
2. As much as you want to, keep your windows and doors closed in the spring. Unfortunately pollen is an unwelcomed guest and you want to keep it out of your home and lungs.
3. Try to stay inside as much as possible during the middle of the day between 10 A.M. and 2 P.M. Pollen is at its highest during these hours and just like bees when they are collecting pollen, it will stick to you. So, if you are out and about, when you get in your home, remove your shoes, and if at all possible change your clothes.
4. At night, before bed make sure to take a shower, this will help you to sleep better because the pollen that is in your hair and on your skin will be removed. The pollen will not be on your pillowcase to make it harder to sleep.
5. Clean your home regularly. That includes dusting and vacuuming on a weekly basis, especially if you have carpet, which does trap allergens.
6. Buy and install air filters. The most effective way to filter the air in your home is to install a filter in your HVAC system, but if that’s not possible, go with a stand-alone model in your bedroom.
7. If you are having a difficult time with your allergies and asthma, seek medical advice by your Primary Care Physicians (P.C.P).
You may find yourself in a position where you need to look for your own health insurance policy, The Weimer Group can often provide coverage for individual healthcare policies. Although every health insurance policy is different, typically a Weimer Group agent can create a policy that best suits your lifestyle and needs. Give us a call at: 888-304-6678.